Closing date: 25/06/2021 at 12:00
Job Start Date: 01/09/2021
Contract/Hours: Permanent , Full-time
Salary Type: Support Staff
Salary Details: Grade 7 £24,982 to £29,577
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing date for applications: Friday 25 June 2021 at 12pm
Due to the impending retirement of our fantastic Site Manager we are seeking a highly committed, enthusiastic and energetic individual to join us.
You will be a key part of our team, responsible for our Health and Safety systems, building maintenance, overseeing site security and cleaning, moving and handling of objects and deliveries, working at height and grounds maintenance.
The role of Site Manager is key to the smooth running of our school and we are looking for someone with a strong sense of pride in their work and who believes in doing a job to the best of their ability.
We are looking for a Site Manager who will:
- Share the ethos and values of the school.
- Be willing to build relationships with our children, their parents and our neighbours.
- Ensure the security of the school buildings and site, liaising with staff, contractors and our wider school community as appropriate.
- Oversee and be a point of contact for cleaning and all other contractors working on site.
- Undertake checks and maintain records to meet the statutory health and safety requirements e.g. COSHH, Legionella, risk assessments, fire and intruder alarms etc.
- Undertake key-holder responsibilities and be prepared to attend out of hours emergency call-outs.
- Liaise with the School Business Manager about lettings and wider community use of the site, working flexibly to meet the needs of the children and the school.
- Take responsibility for stock control and ordering of key resources.
- Manage and liaise with the Assistant Site Manager.
Essential key skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be self-motivated, organised and manage your own time.
- Ability to undertake routine maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to prioritise workload in a fast-paced working environment and demonstrate a flexible approach.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety.
- Ability to supervise and monitor the work of others.
- Basic literacy, numeracy and IT/Computer skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people to make a difference to the lives of our children.
- Ability to communicate well with children and adults.
In return, we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a role where variety is an everyday occurrence.
- Supportive, friendly staff (a real family environment).
- Well-behaved children.
- Tailored training to help you develop more advanced skills.
- Enrolment in the UK's largest public sector pension scheme.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. If you would like to discuss any of the above positions please contact the school on 023 8039 3313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Banister Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.