Through the History curriculum at Banister we aim for children to: -
- Leave Year 6 with a genuine appreciation for the past
- Gain knowledge of what’s gone on before
- Understand the choices humans have made and the impact it has had on our lives today.
- Use their knowledge to support future choices
- Question, comment and enquire about new information presented to them
As much as we can, we want to harness what the City of Southampton has to offer us and provide memorable experiences for our children when learning about the past.
In addition, we hope that children use their knowledge to inform future choices and feel confident moving to the next stages of their lives.